Welcome to FlizzIndia Largest Educational Portal for SSC UPSC and IBPS Exams. Here we have most important part of Exam that is current affairs which is is must to crack any competitive exam. We are here to share last 6 months current affairs for SSC exams 2017.
Current Affairs 2017
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced Tirtha Darshan Scheme on March 3, 2017 during the ongoing budget session of the Haryana Assembly.Under the scheme, senior citizens of Haryana domicile above the age of 60 years will be able to go on a Pilgrimage within the country at government expense.
The International Monetary Fund reached a preliminary agreement with Ukraine on an updated Memorandum of Economic and Financial Policies on March 4, 2017.
The agreement will pave way for the IMF’s Executive Board to consider the third review of the arrangement under the Extended Fund Facility (EFF) and disburse fresh aid of $1 billion (0.9 billion euros) to Ukraine in the first half of March 2017.
People’s Republic of China has increased its defence budget by 7% for 2017, the lowest increase in seven years and second year in row.In real terms, the defence budget of the world’s largest armed forces, the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) is likely to be close to the $ 145 billion-mark.
China’s defence budget is much smaller compared to that of the US, which announced a 10% increase in its defence outlay after the change of oval office.
The country minimised its defence expenditure is a follow suit of its neighbours with many of whom Beijing has maritime disputes.
K V Thomas, Chairman of Public Accounts Committee (PAC) has come out with a solution of “Naming and Shaming” big corporate houses which default on repayment of bank loans to help financial institutions get back their money.
Social networking giant Facebook has launched a new initiative named SheLeadsTech to support startups which are founded or co-founded by women population.
Facebook (FB) is an American for-profit corporation and online social media and social networking service.
♦ Founded: February 2004
♦ Headquarters: Menlo Park, California, United States
♦ Chairman: Mark Zukerberg
According to the findings by United States based Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI), the Earth’s mantle is about 60 degree Celsius hotter than as previously thought by the scientists.
- INS Viraat, Indian Navy’s flagship aircraft carrier, will retire from service. The aircraft carrier which holds the Guinness Record for the oldest carrier in service was inducted into the Indian Navy on May 12, 1987.
- The ship, famously known as the ‘Grand Old Lady’, was with the British Royal Navy since 1959 before the Indian government bought it for Rs 6.5 crore in 1987.
Vijayawada, Tirupati airports renamed
- The Andhra Pradesh Cabinet approved proposals to rename the Vijayawada Airport and the Tirupati Airport.
- Vijayawada Airport in Gannavaram has been renamed as ‘Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao-Amaravati Airport’ after the legendary actor and founder of the ruling Telugu Desam Party, and the new capital of Andhra Pradesh.
- The Tirupati Airport has been renamed as ‘Sri Venkateswara Airport’ after Lord Venkateswara of the temple town.
Other Current Affairs Capsule for Competitive Exams
- United Arab Emirates (UAE) will ready to create a history by taking part in India’s Republic Day Parade 2017. If this happens, UAE will become the first-ever contingent of Arab soldiers to take part in this prestigious event. UAE’s crown prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan is the Chief Guest of this year’s Republic Day Parade.
- Renowned Bharatanatyam dancer Malavika Sarukkai has recently conferred the title of ‘Natya Kala Acharya’ at the inauguration of The Music Academy’s 11th dance festival. Deputy Consular General, Consulate General of United States of America in Chennai, Susan Tuller has given this award.
- Corporation Bank has bagged the SKOCH silver award for attaining the position of number1 channel partner of LIC of India for the past three financial years.
- Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, the Minister for Communications and Information Technology and Law and Justice presented ‘’Digital India Awards’’ to the distinguished winners.
- MyGov won the Platinum Award.Online Management, Monitoring and Accounting System (OMMAS) for Pradhan Mantri Gram SadakYojana (PMGSY) won the Gold Award. The Silver Award was won by Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation.
- As per the report by industry chamber PHDCCI and KPMG, in 2015-16, India had received the maximum FDI inflows from Singapore followed by Mauritius, the US, the Netherlands and Japan.