Current affairs 2018 PDF Last 6 months current affairs for SSC IBPS UPSC and other competitive exams 2018. Welcome to FlizzIndia Largest Educational Portal for SSC UPSC and IBPS Exams. Here we have most important part of Exam that is current affairs which is is must to crack any competitive exam. We are here to share last 6 months current affairs for SSC exams 2018.
Online Test for GK and Current affairs
Current Affairs Quiz
1. Which state government has launched the subsidised power scheme ‘Sambal’?
c) Madhya Pradesh
d) Uttar Pradesh
2. Which committee recommended 5-pronged resolution approach to deal with NPA cases?
a) Sunil Mehta Committee
b) S. Mundra Committee
c) K Sahani Committee
d) Saranjeet Committee
3. Which state’s cabinet has approved real-time study of air pollution?
d) Uttar Pradesh
4. The Numaligarh Refinery Ltd (NRL) became the India’s first oil PSU to introduce which online compliance system?
5. When was the first-ever UN’s International Day of Parliamentarism celebrated?
a) June 29
b) June 30
c) July 1
d) July 2
6. IPS officer Sundari Nanda has become the first woman DGP of which Union Territory?
b) Daman and Diu
c) Andaman & Nicobar Islands
7. The data collected during which Census will be stored electronically?
8. Who has become the first Indian Army officer to complete Ironman Triathalon?
a) Abhilash Tomy
b) Balwant Singh
c) Abhay Krishna
d) Vikram Dogra
9. Which country won the Kabaddi Masters title of 2018?
c) South Korea
10. Which state has announced that five castes, including Gujjars, under the most backward classes (MBC) are entitled to 21 pc quota under OBC category?
1. (c) Madhya Pradesh
The Madhya Pradesh state government has launched an outstanding power bill waiver scheme and subsidised power scheme called ‘Sambal’ for labourers and poor families. Under Sambal Yojana, the Below Poverty Line families would be provided electricity at a cost of Rs 200 per month.
2. (a) Sunil Mehta Committee
Union Finance Minister Piyush Goyal on July 2, 2018 approved the Sunil Mehta Committee’s suggestions of a 5-pronged strategy to tackle the Non-Performing Assets (NPA). The committee submitted its draft report titled ‘Sashakt’ to the Finance Ministry with a strategy to tackle stress in the banking sector. However, there is no proposal or recommendation to create a bad bank.
3. (a) Delhi
The Delhi Cabinet on July 3, 2018 approved the Department of Environment’s proposal for a real-time study of air pollution in the national capital. The project, to be completed within a period of 18 months from the date of award of the study, has been granted to the Department of Energy, Environmental and Chemical Engineering, the University of Washington in the US on nomination basis.
4. (d) Legatrix
The Numaligarh Refinery Ltd (NRL) in Assam has become the first oil public sector undertaking (PSU) to adopt an online legal compliance system by introducing ‘Legatrix’. The cloud-based compliance management system ‘Legatrix’ is a one-stop solution for effectively managing the organisation’s legal and regulatory compliances.
5. (b) June 30
The first-ever International Day of Parliamentarism was celebrated across the world on June 30, 2018 to recognize the importance of parliaments and their responsibility of representing the people.
6. (a) Puducherry
IPS officer Sundari Nanda on July 2, 2018 assumed charge as Puducherry Director General of Police, becoming the first woman to head the force in the Union Territory. A 1988 batch officer, she was transferred to Puducherry from the National Capital Territory of Delhi. Nanda succeeded S K Gautam, who has been transferred to Delhi.
7. (a) 2021
The data collected during the 2021 Census will be stored electronically, the first time since the decennial exercise was conducted in 1951 in Independent India, according to an amended rule notified by the Registrar General of India (RGI) on June 19.
8. (d) Vikram Dogra
Major General Vikram Dogra has become the first Indian Army officer to complete the Ironman Triathalon event, considered one of the most difficult one-day sporting events in the world, in Austria. The Ironman Triathlon comprises three consecutive events 3.8 km swim, 180km cycling and 42.2 km marathon – all completed in a day without a break.
9. (b) India
India clinched Kabaddi Masters title by defeating Iran 44-26 in the summit clash in Dubai on July 1, 2018. In a battle between the top two sides of the world, the three-time world champions did not give Iran any ground to recover with captain Ajay Thakur and youngster Monu Goyat leading the raid charts.
10. (c) Rajasthan
The Rajasthan government has clarified that five castes, including Gujjars, under the most backward classes (MBC), are also entitled to the 21 per cent quota under the OBC category for admission to educational institutions and recruitment in government jobs in the state.
Current Affairs 2018
India to attend SCO anti-terror talks in Pak
• India will be attending the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation-Regional Anti-Terrorist Structure Legal Experts meeting which will be held in Islamabad, Pakistan.
• This will be Pakistan’s first SCO meeting, as the country along with India became a member of the organisation in June 2017.
• The meeting will be focused on the terror threat faced by the region & ways to enhance counter-terror efforts.
India ranks 44th in IMD’s competitiveness rankings
• India ranked at 44th place in terms of competitiveness in the annual rankings compiled by International Institute for Management Development (IMD).
• As per the rankings, the US is the most competitive economy, followed by Hong Kong and Singapore in the second and third place.
• Out of the 14 Asian countries on the list, India ranked 12th.
Government reconstitutes Financial Stability and Development Council
• The Union Government reconstituted Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC) to include secretaries from revenue department as well as Ministry of Information Technology (MeitY).
• It will also include the Chairman of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI).
• This decision will make FSDC more broad-based to incorporate changes in economic regulatory framework of the country.
5th India-CLMV Business Conclave held in Cambodia
• The 5th India-CLMV (Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Vietnam) Business Conclave was held at Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
• It was jointly organised by Ministry of Commerce & Industry along with Ministry of Commerce of Cambodia.
• The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is institutional partner of the event.
World’s Largest Bird Sculpture ‘Jatayu’ to be inaugurated in Kerala
• Kerala will soon inaugurate the world’s largest bird sculpture, Jatayu Earth’s Centre in Thiruvananthapuram.
• The replica of bird ‘Jatayu’, a character in the Ramayana is 65 feet tall & is positioned right at the top of a rock situated 1000 feet above sea level.
• The rock ‘Jatayupara’ where the structure is based, is the place where Jatayu fell after its wings were cut by Ravana.
Indian Navy conducts Prasthan exercise
• Indian Navy conducted an exercise called Prasthan in the Western Offshore Development area in Mumbai.
• The exercise is held once in every 6 months and aims at integrating maritime stakeholders including, Navy, Coast Guard, Air Force, ONGC, Customs & Port Trust.
• The drills were focused on fire on an oil platform, Oil spill, search and rescue for crashed helicopters, etc.
Paytm AshaKiran initiative launched to educate women
• Paytm announced a programme called Paytm AshaKiran, which aims at educating rural women about financial services.
• It will help in creating new job opportunities in small towns & cities of India.
• Paytm has partnered with United Nations Development Program under its Disha project to mobilize self-help groups and organize workshops.
- Centre and Jammu and KashmirGovernment have resolved to use education as a tool to bring normalcy to the state. The Central and State Governments signed a Memorandum of Understanding at the 65th Central Advisory Board of Education (CABE) meeting in New Delhi.
- The union sports ministry’s ambitious programme, ‘Khelo India’, an initiative to scout for talent at the grassroots and provide it substantial long-term scholarshipwill be launched on January 31.
- The Punjab government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Oil Corporation to set up bio-gas and bio-CNG plants in the state.
- West Bengalhas the highest number of MSMEs in the country with 52,69,814 units.Uttar Pradesh ranked second after West Bengal, followed by Maharashtra. Gujarat stood eighth with 4.89 percent of the MSME share.
- The Centre has sanctioned projects over10,000 crore rupees in the North East for better network connectivity.
- Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas has been launched ‘Saksham 2018’. It is a vigorous and high intensity one-month mega campaign ofPetroleum Conservation Research Association (PCRA).
- Odisha govt. has launched Mukhyamantri Kalakar Sahayata Yojana (MMKSY)for artists. Under this yojana artists will receive a financial assistance of 1200 per month.
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu inaugurated the third edition of the geo-political conference, ‘Raisina Dialogue’, in New Delhi.
- India test fired Intercontinental 5000-km range surface to surface nuclear capable ballistic missile Agni-V.
- The Punjab government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Oil Corporationto set up bio-gas and bio-CNG plants in the state.
- The second day of the65th Meeting of the Central Advisory Board of Education (CABE) was held in New Delhi.
- Bangladesh, India and Nepalhave given nod to operating procedures for movement of passenger vehicles in the sub-region under Bangladesh-Bhutan-India-Nepal (BBIN) motor vehicles agreement.
- The 15th edition of BioAsia,the annual flagship event of the Government of Telangana, will start in
- Maharashtrahas come out with a public cloud policy virtually mandating its departments to shift their data storage onto the cloud.
- A Memorandum of Understanding was signed withConfederation of Indian Industry (CII) in the presence of Commerce and Industry Minister Suresh Prabhu.
- Urban Development Minister Hardeep Singh Puri announced the name of ninemore smart cities. Silvassa in Union Territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli has topped the list of winning cities.
- Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan (PMSMA)has crossed one crore mark in antenatal check-ups. More than one crore antenatal check-ups have been conducted under the ambitious Pradhan.
- The Maharashtra government has approved a Rs 4,000-crore projectaimed at promoting climate-resilient agriculture.
- The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), announced the Cyber Surakshit Bharat initiative.It was launched in association withNational e-Governance Division (NeGD) and industry partners.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh has launchedBharat Ke Veer anthem and also a short film on India’s bravehearts.
- The fourth edition of the India International Science Festivalwill be held in
- The Maharashtra governmenthas launched `Balasaheb Thackeray Shaheed Sanmaan’
- Uttarakhandplanned to use ultrasound that will to detect pregnancy before administering reproduction control method on them.
- Ramayana Festival, marking 25 yearsof the Indo-ASEAN ties began in New Delhi.
- The Post Office Passport Seva Kendra (POPSK) at Karaikal in the Union Territory (UT) of Puducherry was inaugurated by Sushma Swaraj, Hon’ble Minister for External Affairsat a function presided over by Shri V. Narayanaswamy, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Puducherry.
- The government of Telanganaand Clean Authority of Tokyohave signed a MoU in the field of municipalsolid waste incineration facilities.
- The state government launched Odisha e-Hospital Management Information System (OeHMIS) to provide a computerized platformfor online recording of clinical parameters of patients and reporting of performance criteria of hospitals.
- In Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khanduinaugurated the World War II Memorial Museumat Changlang District inJairampur.
- The Raipur Municipal Corporation in Chhattisgarh organised the three-day Kachra Mahotsav 2018, India’s first Garbage Festival.
- Union Minister of Earth Sciences Dr Harsh Vardhan dedicated India’s fastest and first multi-petaflops supercomputer to the nation in Pune.
- Union Government sets upsecond Film and Television Institute in Arunachal Pradesh announced by Union Minister of Development of North Eastern Region Jitendra Singh.
- The Union Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs (MoPA)proposed rolling out of e-Sansad in Parliament and e-Vidhan in State Legislatures. It is established under “Digital India” to make the functioning of Parliament and State Legislatures paperless. It was announced by Parliamentary Affairs Minister Ananth Kumar.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurates thefirst Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) Parliamentary Conference in the ‘Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra’ .
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal launched a common card for rides on public buses and the metro.
- Government has extended the deadline forlinking of biometric identification Aadhaar to small savings schemes like post office deposits, Kisan Vikas Patra by three months to March 31, 2018.
- Music composer AR Rahmanbecame the brand ambassador of Sikkim. The declaration was made by Sikkim CM Pawan Kumar Chamling.
- Gujarat has topped the logistics index chart, according to a Report released by Union Minister for Commerce & Industry.
- Andhra Pradesh government plans to introduce ‘Bhoodhar card’for a digital record of each individual’s land holdings with a particular number. There would be a secret number to each card.
- Research Designs & Standards Organisation (RDSO), the research arm of Ministry of Railways, has launched “New Online Vendor Registration System”.
- The Central government has sanctioned the raising of a Territorial Army (TA) battalion comprising ex-servicemen of the Army. It is formed as part of Clean Ganga mission by 2020.
- The Supreme Court announced playing the national anthem before screening movies in cinema halls is not mandatory.
- Prime Minister would announce construction of a refinery at Barmer in Rajasthan.
- President Ram NathKovind to inaugurate 4th International Dharma-Dhamma Conference on the theme”State and Social Order in Dharma-Dhamma Traditions” at Rajgir in Nalanda district, Bihar.
- The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has introduced a concept of ‘Virtual ID’
- The world’s largest solar-thermal power plant has been given development approval by the South Australian government.
- Indian space agency ISROlaunched its 100th satellite along with 30 others in a single mission. Thirty-one spacecrafts, including weather observation Cartosat-2 series satellite were launched by PSLV-C40.
- The 4th Annual Women Leadership Summitwill be held at IIM-Bangalore. The theme for 2018 is ‘Redefining Power for a Newer Tomorrow’.
- Ministry of Railwayshave launched Smart Freight Operation Optimisation & Real Time Information (SFOORTI) App for Freight Managers.
- The ASEAN Ministers of Agriculture and Forestry and the Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Government of India, held our Fourth ASEAN-India Ministerial Meeting on Agriculture and Forestry (AIMMAF) in New Delhi, India.
- The seventh edition of the Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav, under the Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat matrix, begins in Karnataka. The event was organised by the Ministry of Culture.
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumarvisited Rohtas and Bhojpur districts of the state yesterday as part of his state-wide ‘Vikas Samiksha Yatra’.
- Johnson and Johnson partners with Maharashtra Govt onhealth interventions.
- Union Home Minister, Shri Rajnath Singh will inaugurate a two-day International Workshop on Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (IWDRI) in New Delhi. The workshop is organised by the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) in collaboration with United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR).
- Engineering majorLarsen & Toubro has commissioned the 360 MW Bheramara power plant in Bangladesh.
- Australia India Youth Dialogue (AIYD) is a youth-led dialogue between the young and emerging leaders of both countries.
- Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahuwill be on a six-day visit to India since 2003. He will attend the Raisina Dialogue in New Delhi besides meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- South Korea and the Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industry (GCCI) signed a memorandum of understanding for co-operation between industries.
- India has signed an MoU with the United Kingdom to enable the return of illegal Indian migrants within a month of their detection by authorities abroad.
- The 5th Bilateral Technical Meeting on cooperation in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine between Government of India and Malaysia was held at New Delhi.
- UN Environment and the World Health Organization have agreed a new, wide-ranging collaboration.
- American and Japanese military forces have launched joint exercises “Iron Fist”.
- External Affairs Minister (EAM) Sushma Swaraj and Bhutan’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Lyonpo Damcho Dorji jointly unveiled the ‘Special logo’ for the Golden Jubilee celebrations in New Delhi and Thimphu through video-conference.
- India, Israel ink nine pacts on cyber security, other sectors, namely Cyber Security Cooperation, Oil and Gas, Air Transport Agreement, Agreement on Film-co-production, Homeopathic Medicine etc.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modiand his Israeli counterpart Benjamin Netanyahu launched the maiden call for joint R&D projects under the ‘India-Israel Industrial R&D and Technological Innovation Fund (I4F)’ during the India-Israel Business Summit in New Delhi.
- Indiahas contributed $50,000 to UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres’s Office of Envoy on Youth to help with its mission of involving young people in the world body`s goals.PaulomiTripathi, a First Secretary in India`s UN Mission, handed over the contribution to the Youth Envoy, JayathmaWickramanayake.
- Indiaand Sri Lanka signed four agreements for collaboration in ICT sector, setting up of e-office system and connecting of National Knowledge network (NKN) for collaboration among universities and academics.
- The bridge in Akoka village in the northern part of the land-locked country in East-Central Africa had been inoperable since last June when heavy rains washed away a 300-metre-long road segment.
- The Adani Group would invest 750 croreto double the capacity of the company’s edible oil refinery at Haldia in West Bengal.
- Reliance Industries Ltd. chairman and managing directorMukesh Ambani announced a investment of ₹5,000 crore, in addition to the group’s investments about ₹15,000 crore made in the State.
- India and Sri Lankasigned four agreements for collaboration in ICT sector, setting up of e-office system and connecting of National Knowledge network (NKN) for collaboration among universities and academics.
- ‘Vajra Prahar’will be held at Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM) in Seattle.
- India for the first time took part in a meeting of the international military cooperation departments of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation in China.
- The world’s largest air purifier is built in Xian in Shaanxi province of northern China.
- The 10th Global Forum for Food & Agriculturebegins in Berlin, Germany.
- The International Solar Alliance Forumwas held at World Future Energy Summit, Abu Dhabi.
Current Affairs 2017
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced Tirtha Darshan Scheme on March 3, 2017 during the ongoing budget session of the Haryana Assembly.Under the scheme, senior citizens of Haryana domicile above the age of 60 years will be able to go on a Pilgrimage within the country at government expense.
The International Monetary Fund reached a preliminary agreement with Ukraine on an updated Memorandum of Economic and Financial Policies on March 4, 2017.
The agreement will pave way for the IMF’s Executive Board to consider the third review of the arrangement under the Extended Fund Facility (EFF) and disburse fresh aid of $1 billion (0.9 billion euros) to Ukraine in the first half of March 2017.
People’s Republic of China has increased its defence budget by 7% for 2017, the lowest increase in seven years and second year in row.In real terms, the defence budget of the world’s largest armed forces, the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) is likely to be close to the $ 145 billion-mark.
China’s defence budget is much smaller compared to that of the US, which announced a 10% increase in its defence outlay after the change of oval office.
The country minimised its defence expenditure is a follow suit of its neighbours with many of whom Beijing has maritime disputes.
K V Thomas, Chairman of Public Accounts Committee (PAC) has come out with a solution of “Naming and Shaming” big corporate houses which default on repayment of bank loans to help financial institutions get back their money.
Social networking giant Facebook has launched a new initiative named SheLeadsTech to support startups which are founded or co-founded by women population.
Facebook (FB) is an American for-profit corporation and online social media and social networking service.
♦ Founded: February 2004
♦ Headquarters: Menlo Park, California, United States
♦ Chairman: Mark Zukerberg
According to the findings by United States based Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (WHOI), the Earth’s mantle is about 60 degree Celsius hotter than as previously thought by the scientists.
- INS Viraat, Indian Navy’s flagship aircraft carrier, will retire from service. The aircraft carrier which holds the Guinness Record for the oldest carrier in service was inducted into the Indian Navy on May 12, 1987.
- The ship, famously known as the ‘Grand Old Lady’, was with the British Royal Navy since 1959 before the Indian government bought it for Rs 6.5 crore in 1987.
Vijayawada, Tirupati airports renamed
- The Andhra Pradesh Cabinet approved proposals to rename the Vijayawada Airport and the Tirupati Airport.
- Vijayawada Airport in Gannavaram has been renamed as ‘Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao-Amaravati Airport’ after the legendary actor and founder of the ruling Telugu Desam Party, and the new capital of Andhra Pradesh.
- The Tirupati Airport has been renamed as ‘Sri Venkateswara Airport’ after Lord Venkateswara of the temple town.
Other Current Affairs Capsule for Competitive Exams
- United Arab Emirates (UAE) will ready to create a history by taking part in India’s Republic Day Parade 2017. If this happens, UAE will become the first-ever contingent of Arab soldiers to take part in this prestigious event. UAE’s crown prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan is the Chief Guest of this year’s Republic Day Parade.
- Renowned Bharatanatyam dancer Malavika Sarukkai has recently conferred the title of ‘Natya Kala Acharya’ at the inauguration of The Music Academy’s 11th dance festival. Deputy Consular General, Consulate General of United States of America in Chennai, Susan Tuller has given this award.
- Corporation Bank has bagged the SKOCH silver award for attaining the position of number1 channel partner of LIC of India for the past three financial years.
- Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, the Minister for Communications and Information Technology and Law and Justice presented ‘’Digital India Awards’’ to the distinguished winners.
- MyGov won the Platinum Award.Online Management, Monitoring and Accounting System (OMMAS) for Pradhan Mantri Gram SadakYojana (PMGSY) won the Gold Award. The Silver Award was won by Coimbatore City Municipal Corporation.
- As per the report by industry chamber PHDCCI and KPMG, in 2015-16, India had received the maximum FDI inflows from Singapore followed by Mauritius, the US, the Netherlands and Japan.