Current Affairs for ssc cgl 2018 pdf Monthly current affairs 2018. Here we have Current affairs of July 2018 Keep visit and get latest current affairs in PDF format, Quiz format and one liner for competitive exams 2018.
1. When was the first GST Day celebrated in India?
a) 29 June
b) 30 June
c) 1 July
d) 2 July
2. Which veteran cricketer became the fifth Indian player to be named in the Hall of Fame?
a) Sachin Tendulkar
b) Rahul Dravid
c) Yuvraj Singh
d) MS Dhoni
3. Which committee was constituted by the Union Government to upgrade norms for state & district level economic data collection?
a) Susheel Kumar Committee
b) Ravindra H Dholakia Committee
c) Bimal Jalan Committee
d) S Kashyap Committee
4. Which app was launched by government in June 2018 to track and trace missing children in India?
5. Which city will host the Conference of States’ Power Ministers?
b) New Delhi
d) Dehra Dun
6. What was India’s rank is 2018 Global Real Estate Transparency Index (GRETI)?
7. Who is the only invitee from Asia in the Golden Globe Race 2018?
a) Abhilash Tomy
b) Akshay Thapar
c) A R Karve
d) Karambir Singh
8. Andres Iniesta, who was among the most sought-after football players, has retired from international soccer. Which nation did he play for?
9. Which dental institute has been ranked as the best in India for the seventh year in a row?
a) Manipal College of Dental Sciences
b) Coorg Institute of Dental Sciences
d) Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences
10. Which district topped the first Delta ranking released in June 2018 by NITI Aayog that captures incremental improvements of Aspirational districts?
b) West Sikkim
1. (c) 1 July
India on July 1, 2018 observed the 1st Goods and Services Tax (GST) Day to commemorate the first year of the unprecedented reform of Indian taxation. The celebrations were presided by the Union Minister for Railways, Coal and Finance Piyush Goyal as the Chief Guest and Minister of State for Finance Shiv Pratap Shukla was the Guest of Honour.
2. (b) Rahul Dravid
The International Cricket Council (ICC) on July 1, 2018 inducted former Indian captain Rahul Dravid, former Australian captain Ricky Ponting and former England Women’s wicket-keeper Claire Taylor into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame in a glittering ceremony in Dublin, Ireland. With the move, Dravid became the fifth Indian player to be named in the Hall of Fame.
3. (b) Ravindra H Dholakia committee
The Union government has constituted a committee a 13-member committee to upgrade the norms for computation of economic data at states and districts level in the backdrop of plans to revise the base year for National Accounts or GDP calculation. The Committee for Sub-National Accounts will be headed by Ravindra H Dholakia, a retired professor of IIM Ahmedabad.
4. (d) ReUnite
Union Minister Suresh Prabhu launched a mobile application called ReUnite to track and trace missing and abandoned children in India. It uses Amazon Rekognition, web facial recognition service to identify missing kids.
5. (c) Shimla
The Conference of Ministers for Power, New & Renewable Energy of states & union territories will be held on July 3, 2018 in Shimla, Himachal Pradesh. The one-day conference aims to review the implementation of various ongoing schemes/ programmes & deliberate on a host of issues relating to power and renewable energy sectors.
6. (a) 35th
India moved up one place from 36 in 2016 to 35th spot in 2018 on JLL’s Global Real Estate Transparency Index (GRETI) aided by improvement in market fundamentals, policy reforms, and liberalization of FDI. The report covers 100 markets and is based on 186 indicators.
7. (a) Abhilash Tomy
Indian Naval officer Commander Abhilash Tomy has become the only Asian to be selected to participate in the prestigious Golden Globe Race (GGR), which commenced from Les Sables d’Olonne harbour in France on July 1. The race requires all the participants to sail around the world, single-handed and non-stop.
8. (c) Spain
Andres Iniesta, the elegant midfielder who was a symbol of Spain’s golden generation, retired from international soccer following the team’s loss to Russia in a penalty shootout at the World Cup. In addition to scoring the World Cup’s winning goal in 2010, Iniesta had also been key for Spain when it won the 2008 and 2012 European Championships.
9. (d) Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences
The Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences (MAIDS) under the Government of NCT of Delhi has been ranked the “Best Dental College in India for the seventh year in a row. The evaluation was done on the basis of reports of independent rating agencies of Hansa Research, Drshti Strategic Research Services and Nielsen India. MAIDS outshone 310 dental colleges to become No. 1 in dental education in India.
10. (c) Dahod
Gujarat’s Dahod district topped the first Delta ranking released today by NITI Aayog that captures incremental improvements of Aspirational districts on health, education and other development parameters.
1. Which state government has launched the subsidised power scheme ‘Sambal’?
c) Madhya Pradesh
d) Uttar Pradesh
2. Which committee recommended 5-pronged resolution approach to deal with NPA cases?
a) Sunil Mehta Committee
b) S. Mundra Committee
c) K Sahani Committee
d) Saranjeet Committee
3. Which state’s cabinet has approved real-time study of air pollution?
d) Uttar Pradesh
4. The Numaligarh Refinery Ltd (NRL) became the India’s first oil PSU to introduce which online compliance system?
5. When was the first-ever UN’s International Day of Parliamentarism celebrated?
a) June 29
b) June 30
c) July 1
d) July 2
6. IPS officer Sundari Nanda has become the first woman DGP of which Union Territory?
b) Daman and Diu
c) Andaman & Nicobar Islands
7. The data collected during which Census will be stored electronically?
8. Who has become the first Indian Army officer to complete Ironman Triathalon?
a) Abhilash Tomy
b) Balwant Singh
c) Abhay Krishna
d) Vikram Dogra
9. Which country won the Kabaddi Masters title of 2018?
c) South Korea
10. Which state has announced that five castes, including Gujjars, under the most backward classes (MBC) are entitled to 21 pc quota under OBC category?
1. (c) Madhya Pradesh
The Madhya Pradesh state government has launched an outstanding power bill waiver scheme and subsidised power scheme called ‘Sambal’ for labourers and poor families. Under Sambal Yojana, the Below Poverty Line families would be provided electricity at a cost of Rs 200 per month.
2. (a) Sunil Mehta Committee
Union Finance Minister Piyush Goyal on July 2, 2018 approved the Sunil Mehta Committee’s suggestions of a 5-pronged strategy to tackle the Non-Performing Assets (NPA). The committee submitted its draft report titled ‘Sashakt’ to the Finance Ministry with a strategy to tackle stress in the banking sector. However, there is no proposal or recommendation to create a bad bank.
3. (a) Delhi
The Delhi Cabinet on July 3, 2018 approved the Department of Environment’s proposal for a real-time study of air pollution in the national capital. The project, to be completed within a period of 18 months from the date of award of the study, has been granted to the Department of Energy, Environmental and Chemical Engineering, the University of Washington in the US on nomination basis.
4. (d) Legatrix
The Numaligarh Refinery Ltd (NRL) in Assam has become the first oil public sector undertaking (PSU) to adopt an online legal compliance system by introducing ‘Legatrix’. The cloud-based compliance management system ‘Legatrix’ is a one-stop solution for effectively managing the organisation’s legal and regulatory compliances.
5. (b) June 30
The first-ever International Day of Parliamentarism was celebrated across the world on June 30, 2018 to recognize the importance of parliaments and their responsibility of representing the people.
6. (a) Puducherry
IPS officer Sundari Nanda on July 2, 2018 assumed charge as Puducherry Director General of Police, becoming the first woman to head the force in the Union Territory. A 1988 batch officer, she was transferred to Puducherry from the National Capital Territory of Delhi. Nanda succeeded S K Gautam, who has been transferred to Delhi.
7. (a) 2021
The data collected during the 2021 Census will be stored electronically, the first time since the decennial exercise was conducted in 1951 in Independent India, according to an amended rule notified by the Registrar General of India (RGI) on June 19.
8. (d) Vikram Dogra
Major General Vikram Dogra has become the first Indian Army officer to complete the Ironman Triathalon event, considered one of the most difficult one-day sporting events in the world, in Austria. The Ironman Triathlon comprises three consecutive events 3.8 km swim, 180km cycling and 42.2 km marathon – all completed in a day without a break.
9. (b) India
India clinched Kabaddi Masters title by defeating Iran 44-26 in the summit clash in Dubai on July 1, 2018. In a battle between the top two sides of the world, the three-time world champions did not give Iran any ground to recover with captain Ajay Thakur and youngster Monu Goyat leading the raid charts.
10. (c) Rajasthan
The Rajasthan government has clarified that five castes, including Gujjars, under the most backward classes (MBC), are also entitled to the 21 per cent quota under the OBC category for admission to educational institutions and recruitment in government jobs in the state.