PM Modi releases India’s first disaster management plan
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi released the first ever National Disaster Management Plan prepared in the country.
World’s longest rail tunnel to be inaugurated in Switzerland
- Switzerland has inaugurated the world’s longest and deepest rail tunnel Gotthard Base Tunnel, running under the Swiss Alps
Asia’s largest tech trade show COMPUTEX kicks off in Taipei
- Asia’s largest technology trade show COMPUTEX kicked off in Taipei.
BRICS New Development Bank to issue first yuan-denominated bonds
- The New Development Bank of the BRICS countries is set to issue its first yuan-denominated bonds with plans to release more bonds in local currencies including in Indian Rupee.
Sachin Tendulkar to lend name for Kerala Government’s Anti-Drug Campaign
- Cricket icon Sachin Tendulkar has agreed to a request of Kerala government to use his name in a campaign against drug and liquor abuse in the state.
Union Cabinet approves setting up of India Post Payments Bank
- The Union Cabinet has given its approval for setting up the India Post Payments Bank as a Public Limited Company under the Department of Posts.
CCEA approves 51 km railway line from Mau to Tarighat
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) gave its approval for a new 51 km broad gauge line from Mau to Tarighat, aiming to provide an alternative and convenient route between New Delhi and Howrah.
National Company Law Tribunal constituted
- The government constituted the National Company Law Tribunal and its appellate body, implementing most of the provisions of new Companies Act and helping implementation of the Bankruptcy Code.
India, World Bank sign agreement for efficient bus service
- The Union Government and World Bank have signed a US 9.2 million dollar grant agreement for the Efficient and Sustainable City Bus Service Project.
Odisha govt to create 500 more gram panchayats
- The Odisha government has decided to create 500 more gram panchayats in addition to the existing 6,234 ahead of the panchayat elections due in February next year.
Delhi Govt Launches ‘DVAT M SEWA’ Mobile App
- Delhi Chief Minister ArvindKejriwal has launched a mobile app “DVAT M SEWA” through which city traders can register themselves with the VAT department of Delhi government.
Ashok Lavasa becomes new Finance Secretary
- Senior IAS officer (1980-batch) Haryana cadre Ashok Lavasa has been designated as the Finance Secretary by the Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) headed by PM Narendra Modi
Govt doctors’ retirement age extended to 65 years
- Government approved extending retirement age of doctors of Central Health Services to 65 years.
Former Delhi Police chief B S Bassi appointed UPSC member
- Former Delhi Police Commissioner B S Bassi has been appointed as a member of UPSC.