SSC MTS Free Study Material GK and Current Affairs
- GK and Current Affairs for January 2017 in PDF
- Download PDF for GK 12th Feb 2017
- One who attends to the disease of the eye is– Oculist.
- The substance used to bring down body temperature in high fever – Antipyretics
- Inventor of Cinema – A.L. and L.J. Lumiere (France)
- Inventor of Alfred Nobel – Dynamite
- National Brain Research Caentre is situated in– Gurgaon
- Phenol is used in the manufacturing of– Bakelite
- Which materials are employed as solder in soldering operation in electronics? – Lead and Tin
- Waves used in a night vision apparatus – Infrared waves
- In human body, the structure to which the appendix is attached is The large intestine
- The Spinal Cord controls Reflex Actions
- Leakage of which gas had caused the Bhopal Gas Tragedy? Methyl isocyanate
- The Gas which is most responsible for global warming? Carbon-di-oxide
- Apparatus used for detecting lie – Polygraph
- A device used for measuring the depth of the sea – Fathometer
- The inexhaustible source of energy of the stars is due to– Conversion of Hydrogen to Helium
- Which disease is caused by the wound or injury or surfaces of unsterilized surgical instruments? – Tetanus
Famous Personalities Quiz Questions – Famous Personalities of World
- Father of Geometry – Euclid.
- The Common feature between Kutty, Shankar, Laxman and Sudhir Dar – Drawing Cartoons.
- Iron man of India – Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- Shakunthala Devi – Indian to beat the computers in mathematical wizardry
- Jude Felix – Indian Hockey Player.
- Sarada Ukil – eminent painter
- Professor Amartya Sen is famous in Economics
- Film Director – Satyajit Ray.
- Amjad Ali Khan is associated with Sarod
- Guru Gopi Krishna was a maestro of Kathak dance form.
- A. Nageshwara Rao was associated with Motion Pictures.
- Jamini Roy was a famous Painter.
- Pierre Cardin – Fashion Designing.
- Ms. Vijaya Mehta has earned the distinction in Theatre.
- Dr. M. S. Swaminathan – Agriculture.
- Satyen Bose has shown his excellence in Motion Picture.
Today 26th April 2017 General Knowledge Questions
1. Which has NBFC in India received the commitment from International Finance Corporation for Masala Bonds/ non-convertible debentures?
- Tata Cleantech Capital Limited
- Capital First
- Fullerton India Credit Company
- Both B and C
2. The first two branches of Indian Post Payments Bank were opened at which two cities?
- Ranchi and Kolkata
- Ranchi and Raipur
- Kolkata and Raipur
- Kolkata and Delhi
3. What is India’s rank in term of the importer of liquefied petroleum gas or LPG as per a report in Bloomberg?
4. What is India’s rank in the world’s largest military spender as per figures released by Sipri?
5. Indian Railways is looking to set up a solar power plant in Bhilai (Chhattisgarh). What is the total cost of this power plant?
- Rs 50 crore
- Rs 100 crore
- Rs 150 crore
- Rs 200 crore
6. Which state recently signed an MOU with the Indian Railways, to plant trees adjacent to the railway tracks in the state?
- Uttar Pradesh
7. Who has been elected as the President of Amateur Kabaddi Federation of India (AKFI)?
- Dinesh Patel
- I S Israni
- Mridul Gehlot
- J K Patel